Working to improve the ‘hood’ for me and you.
The Neighborhood Enhancement committee works to strengthen the neighborhood core values: education, safety, diversity, vitality of the Wil-Mar neighborhood center, and sustainability. The committee meets as needed.
What We Do
- Review applications and administer the Marquette Neighborhood Scholarship
- Administer Good Neighbor Award given every October to people who have made a unique and important contribution to the Marquette Neighborhood.
- Oversee Neighborhood Enhancement Grants to assist Marquette families and individuals by providing support to neighborhood projects and non-profit organizations.
- Arrange the annual neighborhood Garage Sale
- Work on membership and communications. Coordinate information sharing within the neighborhood including our Listserv and webpage.
- Coordinate the annual general membership meeting where members vote to approve the annual budget and elect board members for the next fiscal year.
Committee Chair is Anita Krasno