The Marquette neighborhood is composed almost entirely of two historic districts: Third Lake Ridge and Marquette Bungalows. The ordinances of these Historic Districts put great emphasis on preserving the unusual abundance of well-preserved and diverse historical building stock. Additionally, for both residential and commercial property, our neighborhood places a high importance on building space that is affordable for the greatest possible range of incomes.
The Preservation and Development Committee (P&D) deals with neighborhood development, affordable housing, historic preservation and city planning. The committee works with developers who want to build, restore, rehab or buy property, start a business, or who otherwise have development plans for the neighborhood. P&D works together with interested parties to ensure that development meets the needs of the neighborhood to the fullest extent possible. P&D uses the adopted City of Madison plans for the neighborhood as a framework. The committee meets monthly with additional meetings as needed to address current development.
P&D usually meets at 5:30 pm on the second Tuesday of the month at the Wil-Mar Center, 953 Jenifer Street. For more information please contact Committee Co-Chair Jack Kear at email@example.com.
- Sense of the Neighborhood: Guidelines for Proposals of New Restaurants and Bars (March 2015)
- MNA Developer Guidelines
- Marquette Neighborhood Development Proposal: Project Questionnaire
- BUILD ll (Better Urban Infill Development Program) December 2004
- City of Madison Comprehensive Plan
- East Washington Avenue Capitol Gateway Corridor Plan
- Yahara River Parkway and Environs Master Plan
- P&D 8-9-16 Agenda
- P&D 7-12-16 Agenda
- P&D 6-14-16 Revised Agenda
- P&D 5-10-16 Meeting Agenda Revised
- P&D 4-12-16 Meeting Agenda
- P&D 3-8-16 Meeting Agenda
Info on Development Proposals in Marquette Neighborhood
- Cafe Coda proposal information (posted 11/14/17)
- Google document archive (initiated 2/2017) to increase access to project documents.
Google Shared Drive Link
- 906 Williamson Street_floorplan
- Marquette Hotel (412/414 S. Baldwin Street)
- 722 McGrath Proposal