Each year, MNA provides Neighborhood Enhancement Grants to support projects in our ‘hood that will enrich and/or protect our neighborhood. Previously, this grant funding has supported projects such as bat houses along the Yahara River, Treatment for Ash Trees in our neighborhood parks, and instruments for Marquette Elementary. Our total funding available this year is $5,000.
Suggested Project Areas of Focus Include:
• recreational or educational opportunities
• neighborhood beautification and preservation
• green initiatives
• programs for teens or seniors
• innovative and creative ideas are welcomed: grant funds are intended to support new rather
than existing programs
• individuals and groups without 501(c)3 status that can demonstrate a well-considered program
concept that will serve the Marquette Neighborhood are encouraged to apply
• if applying as a non-profit, organizations headquartered within the Marquette neighborhood will
be given special priority
• funds are available for program and capital projects
• funds are NOT available for endowments, general operating expenses, religious purposes, or
The deadline for submissions is August 31, 2017. Application guidelines and instructions can be found here. The Neighborhood Enhancement Committee will review the applications and recommend a slate of awardees at the September MNA Board meeting. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.