At MNA’s annual Member Meeting being held October 15, new Board members will be elected. This year, there will be 5 open spots. MNA Board Members work hard to protect the character and vitality of the neighborhood we all love. Board members do this by leading and supporting MNA’s work on:
- Preservation & Development: Review and provide a stance on new developments in the neighborhood, provide policy/guidelines on economic development, and push for more affordable housing.
- Traffic: Discuss and provide solutions for short-term and long-term transportation in our neighborhood, ultimately supporting the walk-ability and bike-ability of our neighborhood.
- Green Spaces: Provide grants and support to help our neighborhood gardens thrive. Also spearheads art and other projects to beautify the neighborhood.
- Festivals: Offer the Waterfront Festival and Orton Park Festival to foster neighborhood community and financially support MNA.
- Values: Organize the Marquette garage sale and contribute scholarships to students and organizations within the neighborhood.
- Communication: Commute neighborhood happenings, news, and issues that impact Marquette residents.
- Finance: Keeps MNA’s lights on and running smoothly!
Responsibilities of Board Members include the following. On average, Board members spend 10 hours per month on MNA work.
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Chair one of our committees
- Weigh in on issues facing the neighborhood
Joining the MNA Board is one of the best ways to make a significant impact in Marquette. We’d love to work with you! Interested neighbors should write a brief letter of interest that includes:
- past neighborhood involvements
- which of the areas above interest you the most and why (or include other neighborhood issues of interest that aren’t listed)
Letters of Interest must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 1, 2015.